Taitori's Smart Office Add-in for Outlook allows users to reserve a space and order catering while creating calendar invitation for a meeting in Outlook. Also the participants can be easily imported to Taitori Visitor Management from the Outlook invitation. Smart Office Add-in can be found in the ribbon of the Appointment window (see picture 1).
Picture 1. Open Taitori Smart Office from the ribbon.
1. Book a room in Smart Office Outlook Add-in
- Start by creating an appointment in Outlook. Define the meeting time, subject and description. Also add the people you're inviting to the event (see picture 2).
Picture 2. Creating a meeting in Outlook.
- Open Smart Office from the ribbon (picture 1). Taitori App will open up in a side panel. The date, time and the amount of people will be automatically copied from the Outlook invitation to Taitori. If your meeting is recurring that will be copied to Taitori as well.
a. If the quick search is activated in your profile settings, you will immediately see the available options in a list view or on the floor plan when you open Smart Office from the ribbon (see figure 3). Select a room from the floor plan or list view.
b. If the quick search is not on, use the search to find a suitable space. First, choose which location to search from, use filters, and then show the results on the floor plan or list view. You can also browse places via the Browse button.
You can zoom in and drag the floor plan with your mouse.
Picture 3. Available rooms on the floor plan.
- On the Booking confirmation page, before confirming the room booking, you can manage the settings and add additional details for your booking.
a. If you simply wish to book the room without adding any details, managing participants or changing settings, just scroll down and click Confirm reservation. Then close the side panel and send out the Outlook invitation. Now the room is booked!
b. If you wish to invite guests, order catering or define additional settings, continue reading before confirming the booking.
2. Import participants or subject
If you want to import the participants you added to the Outlook invitation to Taitori Visitor Management, click Import participants. After confirming the room booking, Taitori will send them a separate invitation with arrival instructions and a participant QR code for registration. Depending on your profile settings, participants can also be brought to the booking automatically.
You can see the imported participants on the Participants tab. Based on the email domain, the participants are marked as visitors or internals (see picture 4). the invitation with arrival and registration instructions are sent only to the visitors. As the organizer, you have been marked as an organizer.
A participant can be deleted from the booking by first clicking the "three dots" and then Delete.
Picture 4. Imported participants.
- If you wish to import the subject of the meeting to Taitori, click Import the subject. The subject can be seen for example on Taitori door panels or info screens (depending on the organization's settings).
3. Change the organizer
Open the tab Additional to name an organizer for the booking. The name written in the field "Organizer" will replace your name as the booker on the Timeline, door panels, info screens and guest invitations.
4. Select payment method and fill in the invoicing details
For paid bookings, choose the payment method and add your invoicing details.
Picture 5. Additional community information
5. Fill in additional information for the booking
If necessary, fill in Other information section with an alternative contact information (e.g. phone number or other contact information) and additional information regarding the booking. Additional information can be useful, for example, to the conference center operator for arranging furniture.
Picture 6. Other information.
6. Make the booking private
You can mark your booking as private, in which case the name of the booker/organizer and the subject are not imported, for example, to Taitori door panels or info screens, and other basic users entitled to the space cannot see the name of the booker/organizer on the timeline (only the duration of the booking).
Also, check out the video below to see how it works:
Video 1. How to book a space, invite guests and order catering in one go.
Please sign in to leave a comment.