The Visitor Management Device's settings allow certain configurations to make the look and feel of the user interface the best possible match with your business needs. For example, it is possible to set a background image and hide/activate elements and functions of the user interface. The configuration options mentioned in this article are part of Taitori's basic license, but we also offer branding as an additional service. Branding allows using the colors and fonts of your corporate brand in Taitori Visitor Management Device. Read more: Vierailijahallinnan käyttöliittymän brändäys.
Picture 1. Visitor Management Device.
2. Visitor Management Device Configuration (Basic License)
The visual configuration options included in the basic license are
- hiding / showing different functions and elements in the user interface
- setting a background image and color
- defining a title image (e.g. corporate logo)
- defining certain texts and instructions in the user interface
- setting an image or video for "Scan QR code" page
- and setting an image or video for the language selection page.
2.1. Device functions
It is possible to configure the visitor management device with certain functions. For example, you can define which page is the default page and how the guest can register: QR code, participant code and/or organizer search. The questions below will help you configure the device.
- Set the language selection as the first page? Below, there is an example of the language selection page. It is possible to add a picture or video to the page.
- Is there a QR scanner in use? The guest receives a QR code along with the event invitation. It is possible to add an image or video to the Show QR Code page (see below). If the language selection page is not selected as the first page and the QR scanner is in use, Show QR Code page is displayed to the visitor first.
- Is it possible to register with a participant code? The guest receives a participant code along with the event invitation. If the participant code isn't used, the organizer is selected by search.
- If QR code scanning is in use, the Show QR Code page is the first view and the participant code can be used as a secondary option.
- If QR code is not in use, the Participant Code page will appear immediately after the language selection.
- The Participant Code view appears first if the language selection is not selected as the first page.
- Is there a camera in use to take a picture of the visitor for the visitor card?
- Is there a visitor card printer in use?
- Is adding a profile picture and participant details mandatory?
- Shortcuts. It is possible to configure default organizers which will appear automatically in the organizer search.
- Compact or comprehensive organizer search?
- Organizer search results. Is the number or/and company of the organizer displayed in the search?
2.2. Hidden elements
It is possible to hide the following elements from the UI:
It is possible to hide the title from the user interface. Alternatively, you can use a company logo as a title. The text "Register for an event" is the default title.
The instructions which appear on each page of the UI can be hidden. Check an example here below.
Instructions visible vs. hidden:
3. Logging in with Taitori account
If a guest registers by selecting an organizer, they will type in their company name and their first and last name after the selection. Alternatively, the guest can log in with their Taitori account. However, it is possible to hide the login option. In the example below, the login on the left is enabled and it's hidden on the right.
4. Instructions for logging in with Taitori account
If logging in with Taitori account is enabled, it is possible to hide the instruction related to it.
Visible vs. hidden:
5. Organizer search
The organizer search can be hidden. In this case, the user will have to use QR code or participant code.
2.3. The background image and color
The default background color for the visitor device is black. The image and/or colors appear one the background of each page. The image size is 1080 x 1920.
In addition to the background image, it is possible to define a background color which is either just one color or a gradient color. The background color can be translucent, allowing the image to show through.
Example (the picture below): The device in the front has a background image with a translucent two-color gradient color on top.
Visual appearance of the basic license. It is possible to customize the background image and color, but defining the colors of the font and other elements (such as the yellow and green buttons) requires an additional service (branding).
3. Language options
There are 4 different languages available for the device UI. Currently, the device supports three language versions at the same time. The language options are
- and Estonian.